cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fiber optics cable between two routers cisco 2911 not working

packet4737
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,   i am trying to simulate a connection of  two routers cisco 2911 routers in packet tracer with optical fiber however i get an error message, " The cable cannot be connected to that port" , what could be the problem or procedure on using optical fiber connection between routers. Also when i add modules: HWIC-1GE-SFP on the 2911, they do not appear on the list of interfaces on the router.  Help or hints will be appreciated on using fiber optics connection for routers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

packet4737
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Flavio Miranda  thank you for your quick response,

I have found a solution, i managed to connect the two 2911 routers after adding modules HWIC-1GE-SFP and GLC-LH-SMD combined and i was able to connect. See image attached.fibre connection 2911 Packet tracerfibre connection 2911 Packet tracer2911 back view2911 back view

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

This router does not support fiber. Use an ISR4331 with module GLC-GE-100FX.

Can you give a step on how to do it ?

packet4737
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Flavio Miranda  thank you for your quick response,

I have found a solution, i managed to connect the two 2911 routers after adding modules HWIC-1GE-SFP and GLC-LH-SMD combined and i was able to connect. See image attached.fibre connection 2911 Packet tracerfibre connection 2911 Packet tracer2911 back view2911 back view

vivekanand8867
Level 1
Level 1

These Above listed steps will help you to add the sfp fiber port connection

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card