Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fibre testing

Hello
I need to cut down on our cabling expenses especially performing due diligence on factory blds regards cabling specifications which have not been updated for some sometime, Any suggestions towards a good quality mid range proven fibre tester (OMx/OSx) compatible?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start with a handful of loopback plugs/modules.  

In regards to OTDR, nothing comes close to Fluke's DSX-5000 and other range of OTDR set.

Where I work, we do not trust any "test result" if they were not done by a Fluke.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start with a handful of loopback plugs/modules.  

In regards to OTDR, nothing comes close to Fluke's DSX-5000 and other range of OTDR set.

Where I work, we do not trust any "test result" if they were not done by a Fluke.  

Hello
Cheers Leo very much appreciated
Ive just looking at the price listing I doubt very much an investment would be made into one of these devices, I would envisage the cabling due diligence/testing will still be outsourced which isn’t practical long term I know.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Where I work, we have several thousands of kms of fibre optic that we build (as in lay underground), operate, maintain and own.  We have a dedicated team of fibre optic technicians and their job is non-stop.  No rest for the wicked, they say.  

But for a "basic level" troubleshooting, the loopback plug will immediately determine if the fault is local (patching or optics) or the patch (break out the OTDR).