cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PA-SRP-OC12SMI connection

S12083
Level 1
Level 1

My customer is using SRP card ( both side) to connect the 0C12 (STM4c) circuit to the remote router in L.A.

The problem is when the circuit is put through, router in L.A is recieving LOS and the router in Hong Kong having PAth- AIS alarm.

The router LED in Brunei: carrier is ok but packet recieve is blinking whereas the router in L.A no indicator at all.

My questions:

Router L.A is damage???

configuration problem ???

network provider problem???

the test via hardware loop shown that both routers are ok.

Need your help and guide line.

Pierre Landy

TQ

2 Replies 2

nchidamb
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry that I didn't understand your question quite clearly. I believe that you are having a SRP ring with three nodes ( one node in each location - LA, HongKong and Brunei ). You mentioned that the node in LA is seeing LOS when you connect the circuit. Are you seeing LOS on both ' Side A and B ' or just one side? If you are seeing the LOS on only one side then the other side suppose to get wrapped. Isn't that get wrapped at LA? If both sides in LA are seeing LOS then the you should see router in HK and Brunei get wrapped on one side based on which side goes to LA. I would try the following

1. In LA router, configured the clocking to be internal and then do a hardware loop on one side at a time. But, please make sure that you are using appropriate attenuator. Otherwise, you may burn the receiver. If each side comes up fine then you can be certain that the h/w at LA is not the problem.

2. send us the 'show int srp X/Y' from LA and ' show srp topology ' from all three nodes to get an idea about your topology.

3. In my experience, most of the times connecting the right cable ( side B from other side should go to Side A this side) properly was the single biggest issue. So, make sure that you are plugging the cables properly ( rx --> tx and tx-->rx ).

sorry for that. Actually it is only point to point from L.A to Hong Kong. After we using appropriate attenuator ( Tx & Rx : total signal both side now is 15 dB, no more LOS captured but the router in L.A recieving b2 alarm whereas Hong kong router still recieving path AIS. the loop from netwrk show that both side can see the loop.

pls help

Thank You

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card