cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL CDR access from another machine

rburkholder
Level 1
Level 1

According to Cisco recommendations, I have my Callmanagers in a workgroup. I wish to access the CDR database on the publisher from a workstation which is a member of an Active Directory domain. Callmanager, by default, has SQL configured as Windows Authentication only.

What is Cisco's accepted practice for being able to connect to the CDR Database from a workstation not in that workgroup?

Does one make callmanager a member server of a domain? Does one convert SQL back to SQL & Windows authentication? Is there a better alternate way?

3 Replies 3

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either suggestion you have provoded will work. We do not recomend that the CCM server be placed in a domain as the domain policies can affect the CCM server, even if you THINK you are not appyig them to the CCM. The better solution is to convert SQL back to SQL & Windows authentication. SQL authentication was disabled as a security measure, just be aware.

Mike

We are trying to do the same thing, but on our IPCC server, and the database admin can't gain access. I can select the option for SQL server and WIndows, but it won't save the changes. Is there another setting that needs to be enabled for that?

It's the simple things in life that get you.

I figured out what my issue was, CSA wouldn't allow me to switch the authentication, and then once I got that set, I had to use the servername\CRSSQL as the server to attach to.

In case anyone was interested.