Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[UCCX 12.5] Impossible to change agent's status to Ready

Hello,

we're using UCCX 12.5. We faced issue, where we cannot change agent's status to Ready after login in to Finesse app and external app controlling our devices. Everything is fine when we are using only Finesse app. Problem is present only in situation, when we are using Finesse app and other application or only external application without Finesse app.

That's the way how to reproduce errors:

1. Log into Finesse app.

2. Login agent using second application:

We are sending following REST PUT request:

urlhttps://server_address/finesse/api/User/username

header:

Content-Type: application/xml

body:

<User>
    <state>LOGIN</state>
    <extension>number</extension>
</User>

3. Try to change agent's status to Ready:

We are sending following REST PUT request:

urlhttps://server_address/finesse/api/User/username

header:

Content-Type: application/xml

body:

<User>
    <state>READY</state>
</User>

Agents are receiving following errors:

• ApiErrorNotification{errorType=Generic Error errorName=CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE, errorData='34',
  • ApiErrorNotification{errorType=Invalid State errorName=CF_INVALID_PARAMETER, errorData='1010'.

4. Agent's status has been changed to Phone failure.

We’ve found workaround which makes everything works fine till relog. Here it is:

Phone Failure status after setting Ready status:

1. Log into Finesse app and to external app.
  2. Turn off your Jabber's connection.
  3. Turn on your Jabber's connection.
  4. Try to change agent status from to 'Ready' - it should work.

What's the origin of the issue and what can we do to make it work without workarounds?

1 Reply 1

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @dawid.chruscinski,

I'm not a UCCX expert but I will try to guide you in the right direction.

First, let's look at the errors you received and their meaning according to the Constants and Status Codes document:

CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_ SERVICE The service requires a resource that is out of service.

CF_INVALID_PARAMETER A parameter in the request is invalid.

Ok, these don't tell us very much on their own, but the first one will make sense in a moment when we discuss the logs.

Next, I want to make sure you have this document, the the Cisco Finesse Web Services Developer Guide, Release 12.5(1) as it may be helpful now or in the future.

Finally, and I think this is what will assist you the most, I've found another discussion on the Cisco Community forums discussing a very similar issue:

finesse agent cannot get ready from not ready

As you'll read, the issue may be with the phone. You'll can find that out by pulling the agent state detail report for the agent from CUIC. In their case, the RTMT traces collected during the issue on UCCX showed the issue.

I hope it works for you or leads you to a solution!