Helpful
Replies

API Cisco Prime Infrastructure

scottdeeley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm a programmer in VB.net

I want to discuss about API of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.

For the moment I'm able to use it, but I make too many connections to the API and then , they refuse connection.

Here is my problem :  I need to know which device in the Cisco Prime are on the Dial-up connection. I need to do a query with the API in one connection. 

I'm able to connect to the API in VB.net, all I want to know is, How can I ask the API to give me a list of which device are on the dial-up Connection.

Is Anyone can help me here????

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i assume you are aware of:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

yes I have access to documentation of the API. 

But I want to do is not in the documentation.

The problem I have, is I need to build a program that will monitor devices that are in cisco prime. When a device goes down I need to open a ticket in our side. Same thing if a device is not on the high speed connection but only on Dial-up connection.

I'm able to check this for each device, but one at the time, This will make approx 900 connections every 5 minutes to the API.

This number of connection will be too high for the API, I will receive error like this :

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

That why I asked if there a way to make one query, that will give all device that are on dial-up connection.

Thanks you and have nice day

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco On Demand to the Cisco Prime Network Services Controller community.

I know this is an old post, but this issue is caused by the thresholds set on the platform.  You're basically sending too many request per the configured time frame as shown in the below documentation:

https://developer.cisco.com/media/prime-infrastructure/api-reference/szier-m8-106.cisco.com/webacs/api/v1/index6945.html?id=rate-limiting-doc