cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco Support Nexans GG45 connectors?

yasamani271
Level 1
Level 1

according to our data center structure cabling which is based on Nexans Cat7A cable and the Cat7A indicates that the data will be transferred with 40G-100Gig speed does cisco have any product with 40G-100G interface? and does cisco plan to produce any active device in this range of speed? does cisco plan to have any active device which is compatible with Nexans GG45 connectors in near future?

6 Replies 6

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco for sure has several products support 40 and 100 Gbp

Such as nexus 7000, cat 6500 with sup2t, ASR 1013

Hope this helps

Hi dear

hope you are doing well.I am really sad because I didn't get a clear answer of my question.My question is not too complicated i just wanted to know if cisco switch interfaces are compatible with Nexans GG45 40-100Gig keystones or no.but no one in cisco has answered me clearly :(((((

in your original question you asked if Cisco has any product support this speed and the answer as above is yes

compatibility this is something you may also ask Nexans about it, to confirm to you from their experience with their clients !

hope this help

Dear marwanshawi
thank you so much for your replies

but as you know GG45 connector is so different from RJ45. nexas has produced it but cisco and HP should produce hardware that support GG45 connectors too.This compatibility should be informed by the Cisco and HP.Am i wrong?

How nexans should be informed that there is any interface on HP or Cisco hardware that support GG45 connectors?

I have read the data sheet of Cisco Nexuse7000 and as you helped me this switch has 40G modules but they are based on Fiber Optic.Its better to ask my question in this way:does Cisco have any switch or ethernet modules with 40G speed over copper??

there is currently ask the expert session about nexus

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2225800

I encourge you to post your question there and you might get a better answer to your question

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card