Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 VDC to VRF Limit

mazhar mahadik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the limit of maximum VRF's under each VDC.

as VDC resource template command has minimum 2 & maximum 1000

but Default Resource Limits for the Non default VDC shows max 4096 VRFs

so is it that total system supports total of 4096, n each vdc has to utilize vrf's within this limit.

OR each VDC can have can have 1000 VRF;s n if i have 6 vdc's then i can get 6000 VRFs???

though i might not need this many VRFs but confused about VRF support under VDC.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

In Table 14 of the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS Verified Scalability Guide the verified limit is specified as 1000 per system i.e., across all VDCs for NX-OS release 5.2, 6.0 and 6.1.

There is a footnote associated with this number which states:

With each new VDC configured, the number of configurable VRFs per system is reduced by two as each VDC has a default VRF and management VRFs that are not removable. For example, with 8 configured VDCs on Cisco NX-OS Release 5.2, you can configure up to 984 VRFs per system (either all in one VDC or across VDCs).

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

In Table 14 of the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS Verified Scalability Guide the verified limit is specified as 1000 per system i.e., across all VDCs for NX-OS release 5.2, 6.0 and 6.1.

There is a footnote associated with this number which states:

With each new VDC configured, the number of configurable VRFs per system is reduced by two as each VDC has a default VRF and management VRFs that are not removable. For example, with 8 configured VDCs on Cisco NX-OS Release 5.2, you can configure up to 984 VRFs per system (either all in one VDC or across VDCs).

Regards

Hi Steve,

That was informative & helpful. Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card