cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9504 Top Talker (Traffic Analysis)

PROSENJIT GIRI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am facing some real problem in my DC. There are two DWDM link (Layer 2) between two Data Center. Some time I can see the utilization of the Inter DC link is going beyond 90%. Although while investigating with server team, it is revealed that there is no activity during high traffic utilization time. Although from Nexus 9K technical configuration sheet I come to know that there is no possibility of configuring Netflow in 9504.

Moreover my HPNNM is not able to provide me the top talker or the granular information regarding the source and destination IP/mac address of the server/network because of that utilization is going high.

Inter DC link is a purely Layer 2 link and its a Layer 2 port-channel configured as a trunk and carrying all DC Internal vlans. Even I have configured that double sided VPC between DC Core switches. I am attaching the design document for the same.

Could you please give me any idea/workaround how to analyze the traffic in this scenario?

Regards

Giri P

1 Reply 1

dukenuk96
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

configure mirroring/SPAN and send traffic to a server with 10G NIC, then analyze with any sniffer you like. If you do not have server, then send to another switch that supports NetFlow/SFlow and analyze there.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card