Views
Helpful
Replies

Openssh version in NX-OS

langoustator
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any document that describes which version of openssh is used in NX-OS releases?

I have some security scans that report openssh vulnerabilities, and I'd like to know if upgrading NX-OS will help me solving these issues.

Thanks,

Regards,

lang

5 Replies 5

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello lang,

Not that I know of, however if you ssh to the NXs from a Linux box using verbose mode that might give you more information. I would raise this with TAC as they may be able to give you more information and better advice.

Do you have access-class configured under the vty lines to restrict ssh access?

Also was this an authenticated scan?

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

Thanks for your answer.

It was an scan running from the inside, with an authorized IP.

Yes, I know about the current version, but I'm interested in the most recent ones, and unfortunately I don't have access to a device running these versions. I guess I'll go the TAC way then.

Rgds

Shrikant Sakwan
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody knows how to check the OpenSSH version in nexus swiches

cchughes
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same question.  Cyber Insurance performed a scan and says the Nexus openssh version should be upgraded or patched to address DDOS vulnerabilities.

mhabiballa
Level 1
Level 1

10 years later! I landed here looking for answer because of the CVE-2024-6387 openssh vulnerability. As Bilal Nawaz said, I issued ssh -v from a linux box to the nexus sw, I was able to identify the openssh version running on it.