cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure v3.2, new install, how to add Netflow exporter?

corpengineer818
Level 1
Level 1

Have a new install of Prime Infrastructure v3.2 setup w/ IP x.y.1.1 .  On a switch, I have configured flow records, flow monitors, and a flow exporter w/ destination x.y.1.1, port 9991/UDP .  But when I logon to the PI web interface, I don't see anything from the switch.  Poking around, I saw that I could add the switch via SNMP.  So I added the switch via SNMP.  PI recognizes the switch, but I have no metrics w/in the dashboard, etc.  Do I have to do something else w/in PI, to receive the flows from the exporter on the switch?  Also w/in the PI web interface, I see nothing regarding port 9991/UDP.  Am I missing something?  Thank you.  

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

If you've configured your netflow on your switch/router, you can validate on CPI by going to:
- Menu Services / Application Visibility & Control / Data Sources.
On the first tab, you're gonna see your switch and also 5min flow record rate.
This device has to be managed by prime first. Then if not yet added, add it as Managed device.

Then you can go on Dashboard / Performance and you will be able to add some widget to get your netflow informations.

You also need to validate that you have Collector License that are required for netflow.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

It seems to be getting information from the switch (like CPU utilization), but not a ton of information as I would expect (like Top N interface utilization has nothing, no top protocols/applications, etc.).  On the switch, I have the ip flow monitors configured for vlans:  Like 'vlan configuration 1-500', 'ip flow monitor net_input input' and 'ip flow monitor net_output output'.  Shouldn't this capture everything in terms of flows?

Thank you. 

I'm sorry I don't get you. Can you paste a print screen of what you're searching and missing?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card