cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 gateway connection

ddicky
Level 1
Level 1

How should I configure in my LAN if I do have 2 router,routerA connecting point to point to remote site and newly purchased router B connecting to the internet.I need my LAN able to access remote site and internet at the same time.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

you could use policy routing and direct traffic to both destinations, are just use static routes to direct the traffic out. Let´s say your remote site uses network 192.168.1.0/24, you would add a static route on both routers, with the one pointing towards the interface connected to the remote site, and the other pointing to the router connected to the Internet. Assuming that router A is the router connected to the remote site, and router B is the new router connected to the Internet, the static routes would be:

RouterA

!

ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 serial0

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 FastEthernet0/0

--> in this example, interface Serial0 is the interface connected to the remote site, and interface FastEthernet0/0 is the interface connected to RouterB

RouterB

!

ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0/0

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0

--> here, interface FastEthernet0/0 is the interface connected to RouterA, and interface Serial0 is the interface connected to the Internet

HTH,

Georg

thks,

But I only have 1 ethernet interface on router A,how is the connection back to my LAN,my router is not expandable

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card