cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 Intermittent Connectivity

bgoodeno
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2620 with a DSU T1 and a single Ethernet connecting our home office to the net. Behind the router I have several servers with public IPs providing web based services and email.

Unfortunately, we are having intermittent connectivity problems with the servers behind the router. One minute they connect and the next, they get dropped. One minute they can ping/tracerout, the next they cannot find the destination. The amazing thing is that they are always able to hit the serial public interface on ping and within the tracert, but some or sometimes all the servers are not available.

Utilization is low...IP traffic is low....

Testing the interfaces results in a pass for the Ethernet and a Failed "timeout problem" for the serial.

Any direction on solving this problem is deeply appreciated as it affects our production tremendously.

1 Reply 1

Hello,

are these Windows 2000/NT servers ? You might want to flush the routing table on the machines (route -f is the command I think). I assume the servers are connected to a switch, you also might want to check for duplex or speed mismatches (I would always hard configure the speed and duplex for servers). Check the switch log and the router log for problems as well.

Regards,

Georg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card