cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3550 switch losing the configuration file.

fsenatore
Level 1
Level 1

In the last three weeks we have had three switches lose their configuration.

I had to reload the config to get working again. Has anyone experinenced this problem. When I have the problem I restart the switch and it asks if I want to do an initial configuration. I answer no and it puts me at the following prompt. switch>

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you paste a sh version and what switch model is this ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello,

this could be a memory problem; the running configuration is saved in DRAM, and the startup configuration is stored in the NVRAM section of flash memory. Does the switch actually crash ? If so, you might want to post the output of ´show stacks´, that could give an indication of what is going wrong.

Also make sure the configuration register settings are correct. When you do a ´show version´, at the bottom you should see the following:

Configuration register is 0x10F

Regards,

GP

Aijaz Rehman
Level 1
Level 1

well when you are on the prompt switch> then its ok you can put enable command and go though it, but if you are on the prompt switch: then something is fishy. you may have got image corrupt. below article will help you to go though the process.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/41845-192.html#subtopic1a

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card