Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 routing problem with IBM ATM 8265

lcp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a scenarion with 2 IBM 8265 linked together and 2 C2924M with ATM Uplinks, serving as conversion from ATM to Ethernet.

Eache of the 2924M has an FastEthernet Channel (2 ports) with one of the 2 C6509, and eache C6509 has an GigaEthernet Channel (4 ports) with another one.

The C6509 has an supervisor 7xxx module instaled in slot 5.

When I have routing from source to destination, and from destination to source, through IBM 8265 MSS module (Routing module) of the ATM Switchs, Ie.: Server and Client Gateways is the MSS Virtual IP, its function is like HSRP, the routing have no problem.

When I have routing from source to destination, and from destination to source, through C6509 Routing HSRP Vlan virtual IP, the routing have no probem.

But, when I have routing from source to destination, through C6509, and from destination to source through IBM 8265 MSS, Ie.: Server Gateway is MSS Virtal IP, and Client gateway is C6509 HSRP Virtual IP.

With the increase of trafic, like a simple file copy across server and client, in this last scenario the network will discard a lot of packets only from servers to the client has access the resource.

If I have only one client with gateway to C6509, and the rest of then with MSS, the only host afected is the client of C6509 Routing.

I suspect from CEF, because this last scenario create a triangulation routing enviroment.

We have to remove the 8265 as faster as possible.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1