Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 trunk with storm-control broadcast link down after reboot

samuel.lam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Network equiped with 6509 gbic SX trunk with other 6509. The trunk interface with command storm-control, but once reboot one 6509, the trunk link cannot be up up, i need to key in the same storm-control broadcast command in order to up up the trunk. The log as follow

2 x switches port-channel configuration is the same.

*Apr 8 03:53:33.764 HK: %EC-SP-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi9/9 is not compatible with Po1 and will be suspended (Bcast Supp. Level of Gi9/9 is 10000, Po1 is 100 )

interface GigabitEthernet9/9,10,11,12

no ip address

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-5,1002-1005

switchport mode trunk

channel-group 1 mode on

interface Port-channel1

no ip address

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-5,1002-1005

switchport mode trunk

storm-control broadcast level 1.00

end

but i cannot do the storm-control command int the gi interface...

tks all

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Friend,

When configuring the traffic storm control level, note the following:

•You can configure traffic storm control on an EtherChannel (a port channel interface).

•Do not configure traffic storm control on ports that are members of an EtherChannel. Configuring traffic storm control on ports that are configured as members of an EtherChannel puts the ports into a suspended state.

So you need not confiure on interfaces which are part of port channel and just need to configure on int port channel which you have already done.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/swconfig/storm.htm#wp1021340

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Interfaces that are in the same channel group must be indentical in every way, configuration, speed/duplex, etc.

And

When configuring the traffic storm control level, note the following:

•You can configure traffic storm control on an EtherChannel (a port channel interface).

•Do not configure traffic storm control on ports that are members of an EtherChannel. Configuring traffic storm control on ports that are configured as members of an EtherChannel puts the ports into a suspended state.

Dear ALL,

I had checked the config, i didnt put the storm control on each gi interface, only the port channel got the storm-control. In addition, all gi ports configuration are the same on both switches and trunks.

tks

Hi Sam,

Yes only the port channel interface will have that config and if you try to put it on physical interface level you will get the physical interface in suspended mode.

Regards,

Ankur