Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-lists to control traffic flow

saif_farooq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a remote site connected to the head office with a primary leased line link and backup VSAT link.

There are two VLANs on the remote site.I want to configure primary leased line link to carry VLAN 1 traffic and the VSAT link to carry other VLAN traffic. This I think is possible using extended access-list. I myself have tried but am unsuccessful yet so pls guide.

Saif

saif_farooq@yahoo.com

2 Replies 2

Hello Saif,

you could use policy routing. Let's say you two VLANs are:

192.168.1.0/24

192.168.2.0/24

And your interfaces are:

Serial0 --> primary leased line link

Async1 --> VSAT link

Your policy map would then look like this:

route-map VLAN permit 10

match ip address 1

set interface serial0

route-map VLAN permit 20

match ip address 2

set interface Async1

access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.0

access-list 2 permit 192.168.2.0

And apply the route-map to your (Fast)Ethernet or respective VLAN interfaces:

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip policy route-map VLAN

or

interface VLAN1

ip policy route-map VLAN

interface VLAN2

ip policy route-map VLAN

HTH,

GP

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I have tried it out but am not successful yet.I have some confusion so I think I must give you the exact scenario.

I have two 1751 Routers.Both have two Serial Interfaces i.e.Leased line link on Serial0/0 and VSAT link on Serial0/1.On Remote site I have two different subnets carried over single Fast Ethernet port F0/0 of 1751 through VLANs as I am also using VLAN supporting Cisco 2950 switch.I want one subnet to use Leased Line link and other subnet to use VSAT link.

Data from remote site also needs to access internet and other locations from Main site's router.

I also want to ask if policy routing is possible using EIGRP or shall I must use Static Routing.Plus do I have to configure the policy routing on Main Branch Router also as in the configuration that you gave me only had configuration on one end.

Pls guide.

Regards,

Saif.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card