cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate to a route map (pbr)

gparrish
Level 1
Level 1

Okay so I have learned the 4232-L3 can not do a route map since it is hardware based. Can anyone suggest any alternatives since I can not do this.

The only thing I can come up with is to drop another router in the picture but that is not feasible in this situation. Is there anything else I can do on that 4232-L3 now since the rotue map is not available?

We are trying to migrate several links coming into the switch to a new outgoing link and wanted to do them one at a time. Since the route map is not available we may have to do them all at once if we can not find an alternate.

Thanks,

Greg

3 Replies 3

rjoseph
Level 1
Level 1

can you post more details about what exactly you were trying use policy-based routing to accomplish? this will help determine if you have a feasible alternative.

are you trying to route traffic based on source address or what?

Yes I am trying to route based on the source subnet over to a new link brought up on the 4232-L3 G1 interface which is a routed interface. The current outbound link is done via a portchannel vlan. There is about 6 port channel vlans coming into the switch and we want to move one of them at a time over to the new link, so we planned to do this using route maps.

Thanks,

Greg

unfortunately, routing decisions based on source address can only be accomplished by policy-based routing. unless you can come up with a different design that does not require a source address forwarding decision, i think you are out of luck. sorry.