Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any Recommendation for a Design Book?

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, my name is Joshua Mendieta, i got my CCNA R&S at the start of this year, and now i am studying for my CCNA Security, and meanwhile i am trying to do some freelancer jobs in networking to get some money.

The Reason for this questions was because someone invite me to an interview to design a campus network for 750-1000 students. Though i passed the CCNA R&S 200-125 exam, to be honest i don't know the basis for a competent design, and because of that i had to turn down that offer. I mean sure i know the architectures that cisco teach you while studying for the R&S exam but besides of that i don't know what to look for when designing a network, what parameters are important and how to make it scalable.

So i was thinking in buying a book and i found this one on amazon: Top-Down Network Design (3rd Edition) from Cisco. Though it is a bit outdated (it is from 2013 according to the printing date), i was wondering if you guys recommend that book as a reading material to get into the design world or if there is another book that should buy instead please tell me.

Thank you guys again for the time and help with this topic

Best Regards.

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Joshua

Are you aware of this link where Cisco have design guides for just about everything -

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/design-zone.html

or are you specifically looking for a book recommendation ?

Jon