cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect to Adminstration Console of CiscoWorks DFM

amdi
Level 1
Level 1

We have two installations of CiscoWorks in our environment. One that we installed ourselves and works fine and one that some consultants installed that also works fine except for one piece: the Administration console in DFM. We can't choose a broker and it says that there are no domains.

The consultants install has SMARTs integrated into the system and both programs use DFM to poll devices. It would be nice to be able to get to the Admin console so we can adjust thresholds and/or add/remove devices. Both our installs run on Solaris.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

Are you using the hostname instead of the IP address in the Broker.info file. If so, try using an IP address instead. This could solve the issue.

We used the IP address and the port number that was designed for our application. I've even tried the CW2K default port number and still no brokers or domains are available.

sujathab
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please first check if the DFM domain is up and fine:

go to:

/CSCOpx/objects/smarts/bin

and run the command

> brcontrol

This will show all the running domains. Check if the DFM domain is showing up as "running". If it is not showing up here, check the DFM.log file for information on why the DFMServer is dead.

----------------

What do you mean by saying, "We can't choose a broker ?" did you try to put in the broker IP address.. what did it report when you did that ?

Thanks.

Sujatha.

---------

I mean that I open the DFM administration console and it is blank. I go to the "Domain" menu and choose the "Attach.." option. From there, it doesn't matter what combination of IP address, port number, DNS name I enter. I cannot attach to a broker. The only thing that comes up is that I can't connect to a dead domain. Other messages ask whether the broker is running.

Our application calls for integration with InCharge's Smarts package. So, Smarts is currently passing all kinds of alarms to us that really don't mean much to us. That's our problem.

What do you mean by saying, "We can't choose a broker ?" did you try to put in the broker IP address.. what did it report when you did that ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card