cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot connect to the internet when ezvpn tunnel is enabled

stidlcvm
Level 1
Level 1

...just purchased the 831 router with the hopes of setting up a VPN tunnel to my concentrator as well as establishing client accounts so that people could log into the network remotely using the vpn software. I was able to establish the tunnel connection, but when the tunnel is up, users have no connection to the internet, only the remote network, and I believe it's because of the dhcp server settings. when I bring the tunnel up, the dhcp server becomes my concentrator at the remote site. this is bad because my internal clients can no longer browse the internet. next, i see no option to configure accounts for VPN clients. Where is this on the 831???

1 Reply 1

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

You need to enable "Split Tunnel" on the concentrator in order to use the tunnel and the Internet at the same time from the client location.

With split tunnel enabled on the concentator, you may also need to enable split tunnel use on the client.

You may want to read up on it before enabling it, it's generally considered a security risk to the host network. At the least, make sure all the clients are running corporate-standard firewall and virus scanning software.

I believe the general practice would be to access the Internet through the Host network (and gaining the benefits of the corporate network's protection apparatus).

Good Luck

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card