Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3560 first steps

al.coutinho
Level 1
Level 1

Folks.

I'm a little lammer on switches'configuration. I just bought a Catalyst 3560 and went to configure it.

I realized that after the first configuration when I issued the sh run command I saw a lot of configuration that I had not done. The IOS Version is: 12.1(19r)EA1b.

The configs which are already there are:

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

no service password-encryption

spanning-tree mode pvst

no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission

spanning-tree extend system-id

interface FastEthernet0/16

no ip address

no mdix auto

ip access-list extended CMP-NAT-ACL

dynamic Cluster-HSRP deny ip any any

dynamic Cluster-NAT permit ip any any

Are these configuration default on the IOS? Why is it coming already configured with those parameters.

Does anyone have any URL where I can find more answers?

Thanks and Regards,

2 Replies 2

aashish.c
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I checked out couple of other configs as well, the following are the default configs that come with the switch :

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

no service password-encryption

spanning-tree mode pvst

no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission

spanning-tree extend system-id

By default STP mode is PVST on this switch. Support for extended vlan IDs is also enabled. Password encryption is by default desabled.

The starnge this is, ny default MDIX feature is turned on 3560 switch. But on Fa0/16 its showing turned off. Do you see "no MDIX auto" in other ports config as well ?

The access-list which you have doubts....I have never seen any access-list which comes by default on any switch.

I would suggest you to delet the config.txt from the switch and boot the switch and then check the config again. I hope these ACLs shouldn`t come then.

meanwhile I`ll search and if i get soemthing I shall update you.

Regards

Aashish C

Aashish.

Thanks for the response.

All the ports are no mdix auto... The access list was created when I put the switch in a cluster config. I figure that out couple moments ago.

I just couldn't find anything explaining this command: no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission

If you know anything about it I'd appreciate your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card