cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2610 Configuration

jsanture
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure a Cisco2610 with 8 BRI isdn interface card with eight complete separate routes.

Cost of line activation is very critical. I do have 8 Cisco 801 in the other ends and they are working fine. IOS is 12.0(7)T.

I relly need some help with my configuration as routing updates are increasing line cost.

Any help with filtering and Dialer profiles?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

amitkohli77
Level 1
Level 1

U can use dialer profiles easily.there is no need of 8 isdn cards.

pls check this url

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/ddr_dialer_profile.html

regards

amit

Thanks amit for your concern about iy.

Problem is that I have eight different remote locations each one trying to get the most out of the main server.

Main use is transfering data between server/workstations both ways, sometimes almost simultaneously, 2610 Router has only one 10BaseT port so they have to deal with that.

The main issue is central router is trying to find route updates everytime you try to connect to a remote location as route filters not seems to work properly.

I will try with priorities in BRI interfaces and see how it works, anyway do you know the procedure for inserting an access-list filter without having to reenter all comands again as new entry goes down to the last line and it will never be applicable as filtering stops if the router find one permit available.

Thanks

Juan

Sorry Amit.

I reread my original post and it should say

One 8 BRI interface card module

2610 has no wan cards and one ethernet port.

Regards

Juan