Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7942 issue with a Bell Fibe modem

Hello,

Since last night I have an issue with my VoIP Phone Cisco 7942. Just want to mention that I've used the phone without any issues almost 3 years.

Yesterday my internet providers swap my old modem with new one because of some outages. The new modem is BELL HUB 1000. So I follow the instructions and plugged the LAN cables first then the phone cable and finally I put the power cable.

I have connected to the modem the IP Phone, my Desktop pc and one old printer. So once I put the modem to the power, the Cisco 7942 stopped working - it went down same as the power cable is unplugged. So I have verified the power cable - everything is fine there. Once I unplug the LAN cable from the modem the phone start flashing and it looks like fine. When I put back the cable to the modem it happened exactly the same - lost power. I'm using power adapter for the phone, and the LAN is plugged in to 10/100 SW as it was before.

It's probably related to this issue is the fact when I plug the LAN cable of the phone in the modem I lost the LAN internet on my desktop. During this time all devices which are connected via WiFi has internet.

Till yesterday before I change the modem everything is worked perfectly.

Could you please help? I didn't have issue like this before!

Thanks!

Regards,

Dimi Balabanov

1 Reply 1

I forgot to mention that the phone is with SIP related firmware.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card