Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7942 issue with a Bell Fibe modem

Hello,

Since last night I have an issue with my VoIP Phone Cisco 7942. Just want to mention that I've used the phone without any issues almost 3 years.

Yesterday my internet providers swap my old modem with new one because of some outages. The new modem is BELL HUB 1000. So I follow the instructions and plugged the LAN cables first then the phone cable and finally I put the power cable.

I have connected to the modem the IP Phone, my Desktop pc and one old printer. So once I put the modem to the power, the Cisco 7942 stopped working - it went down same as the power cable is unplugged. So I have verified the power cable - everything is fine there. Once I unplug the LAN cable from the modem the phone start flashing and it looks like fine. When I put back the cable to the modem it happened exactly the same - lost power. I'm using power adapter for the phone, and the LAN is plugged in to 10/100 SW as it was before.

It's probably related to this issue is the fact when I plug the LAN cable of the phone in the modem I lost the LAN internet on my desktop. During this time all devices which are connected via WiFi has internet.

Till yesterday before I change the modem everything is worked perfectly.

Could you please help? I didn't have issue like this before!

Thanks!

Regards,

Dimi Balabanov

1 Reply 1

I forgot to mention that the phone is with SIP related firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: