Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco device supporting NAT for SCTP

maver_182
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I can't think of a more proper category for posting this one. I'd like to know if there is a cisco router (or other device for that matter) which may offer NAT service for packet using the SCTP protocol, i.e. translate IP address and SCTP port contained in the packet (Source or Destination) into those configured on the device by the user.

Packet received by Device: Source IP a.b.c.d Source SCTP port: X1 Dest IP

translate the Destination IP and Port of SCTP packets sent from PCU to IP and Port set on Windows PC and vice versa.

5 Replies 5

maver_182
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I  can't think of a more proper category for posting this one. I'd like to  know if there is a cisco router (or other device for that matter) which  may offer NAT service for packet using the SCTP protocol, i.e.  translate IP address and SCTP port contained in the packet (Source or  Destination) into those configured on the device by the user.

Packet received by Device: Source IP a1.b1.c1.d1 Source SCTP port: X1 Dest IP w1.x1.y1.z1 Dest SCTP port: Y1

Packet exiting Device: Source IP a2.b2.c2.d2 Source SCTP port: X2 Dest IP w2.x2.y2.z2 Dest SCTP port: Y2

I thank you in advance for your responses.

ASAIK, cisco IOS does not support STCP ALG, and has not announced plans to do that.

Thank you dear Paolo,

1 question: what does ALG stand for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-level_gateway

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

I just read the page on ALG. Is there a chance that an SCTP plugin is released for the Win XP ALG? In my case there are 2 hosts exchanging SCTP packets and one of the is on Win XP. I understand that the ALG would do the IP/port mapping (and would also have to re-calculate the SCTP checksum). I tried googling but nothing showed up, so I am not optimistic.

I thank you in advance, Paolo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: