cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO WS-C3750E-48PD-SF Power outage is only showing Syst LED

bkepley93
Level 1
Level 1

We had just had a brief power outage. When the power came back on the switch would power up the switch would not show any other LEDs and would not do its normal port test and normal post-test. When powering up it would only blink syst LED and then the syst LED would stay steady. The fan does come on and power it does show that it has power. when connecting to the computer using the console cable the console port doesn't even respond. The switch only shows Syst LED but doesnt show anything connected or anything. It doesnt even do its normal startup

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Hoping you have a saved configuration, according to my opinion your options are limited to a factory defaults reset, If it remains unresponsive (console) and it got killed somehow by the outage, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Hoping you have a saved configuration, according to my opinion your options are limited to a factory defaults reset, If it remains unresponsive (console) and it got killed somehow by the outage, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I was attempting to open the case of the switch to see if something like a capacitor blew up but when trying to take off the one rack-mount I noticed the heads of the two screws were badly stripped. is there any way to take off the cover as I am unable to remove the rack-mount ear

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Console into the switch and reboot.
Post the entire boot-up process.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card