Views
Helpful
Replies

Differentiating two multicast streams from the same Video Encoder

mshekhy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I apologize but things are put on me in a state of urgency and I would greatly appreciate an urgent response back.

I have the following scenarion:

Video Streaming server (with one single ethernet port) --> connects to L3 switch supporting igmp --> connects to an ATM switch (not important)

- The Video streaming server is sending outtwo multicast streams 225.1.1.1 and 225.1.1.2.

- Let me know if my question is absurd, but here is what the requirement is that has been set in front of me: The two multicast streams/groups being sent to this switch needs to separated/distinguished separately. I needs to have two vlans with two differnet tags. One stream goes to one vlan1 and the second stream goes to vlan2. I have one port as tagged belonging to both the vlans - this port forwards traffic to the ATM switch. So one stream goes out with one tag and the other stream goes out with the second different tag to the ATM switch and further onwards.

How can the above be achieved. Can it be or not?

- Second, why would someone want to separate two streams and want to trasmit them with different tag ids. After all, since that person is running multicast, and its transmitted only when requested, why should we worry about separating two streams with two different tag values.

Let me know if you would like to have any further information.

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

I believe that it is possible. Hope this following link helps...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800b0871.shtml

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card