cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS Error(Destination unreachable(Port unreachable)

MParashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am working on DNS server of our Network. Since fast few days i was observing some port unreachable ICMP requests to DNS server (through packet capture by wireshark). All the requests are destined to DNS server and from different different vlans of the network. Initially, I thought that it could be ping drop requests of DNS server from different IPs of the network due to latency or some other network issue but it was not like that. I have checked the status of ping failed requests on wireshark and that was a totally different entry from the one which i was observing. Can anyone help me in resolving the issue. Screeenshot enclosed.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure the DNS service is up and running on the DNS server.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

where are these ICMP packets coming from ? The packet length (147) looks kind of weird. What if you send a 'regular' ping, e.g.:

ping -l 1472

Do traceroute to dns server are it stop in your router ? 

I think your router is issue 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: