Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 with alarm

aseijas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everybody ......

i have 6 routers 2610XM installed in several branch of my customer. in one of the sites i am receiving the next status for controller E1 :

E1 0/2 is down.

Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced

Receiver has remote alarm. [ what´s mean exactly this message ; the problem is with E1 card or with PBX]

alarm-trigger is not set

Version info Firmware: 20020812, FPGA: 11

Framing is NO-CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.

Data in current interval (592 seconds elapsed):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

Total Data (last 24 hours)

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

my customer made test of loop with the PBX and the E1 doesn´t going up.

what do i have to do for troubleshooting this fail?

Thank.

Regards,

AS.

3 Replies 3

pagladasu
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently there can be only 2 possibilities...1)Problem in the carrier and 2) Problem in the card. First try to pinpoint where the problem is otherwise troubleshooting will be nightmare. There are many ways of doing that. I will just tell 2 crude methods that will reveal ur query.

First test the card itself. Obtain a straight LAN cable. twist the pair 1-4 and 2-5 and give the loop to the router(provided ur E1 port is RJ45). If it is a DB15 E1 port (I think it is) twist the pair accordingly for TX TIP-RX TIP and TX RING-RX RING. If ur port is ok.....u will find "E1 0/2 is up"..... and on issuing the command "sh cdp n" all 30 channels will show loop

Second ... from the immediate local line of ur carrier (last line of ur router E1 cable) give a similar 4 wire twisted loop till ur mux and ask ur carrier to chk in BERT. If there is any error it will be revealed.

That's all......... it's so easy right??

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

For E1 troubleshooting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk584/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a70fb.shtml

And for "receive remote alarm indication" :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk584/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a70f8.shtml

It points to a cabling problem or service provider problem.

HTH

Hi,

Have you tried to get it up with Framing CRC4 ?

Regards,

Johan