Views
Helpful
Replies

GLBP

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have 2 Dist switch(L3 connection).also i have an access switch(STP LINK) connEcted to the 2 distribution.i just need to configure GLBP ON THE 2 DIST SWITCH & ALSO I NEED TO CREAT 3 VLAN.

I NEED A SIMPLE CONFIGURATION OF THIS SCENARIO

10XS FOR UR REPLY

ALI

6 Replies 6

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

Last time I check the GLBP is only supported on 6500 switches on the MSFC or Native IOS. It is definitely not suported on 3550/3560/3750 although there was some plan to support it on 3750 but I don't think it is supported now. In addition, the GLBP is configured on the router not on the layer 2 devices as the name suggests it's Gateway Load Balancing Protocol very much similar to HSRP where it is also configured on the router not the layer 2 devices.

This link have useful information on GLBP and an example configurations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6600/prod_presentation0900aecd801790a3.html

Please rate helpful posts.

HI 10XS FOR UR REPLY!

I'VE BEEN INTALLED ON THE 3560G;EMI VERSION;THAT SUPPORTED GLBP.

10XS

ALI

Then you can use the sample configuration in the link I sent above.

EXAMPLE CONFIGURATION

A sample configuration is shown in Example 1.

Example 1: Sample GLBP Configuration

Router "Scully"

!

interface FastEthernet1/0

ip address 10.44.1.1 255.255.255.0

duplex full

glbp 1 ip 10.44.1.10

glbp 1 weighting 100 lower 95

glbp 1 forwarder preempt delay minimum 0

Router "Lonegunman"

!

interface FastEthernet1/0

ip address 10.44.1.2 255.255.255.0

duplex full

glbp 1 ip 10.44.1.10

glbp 1 priority 95

glbp 1 weighting 100 lower 95

glbp 1 forwarder preempt delay minimum 0

In the example configuration, GLBP is enabled on both routers on interface Fast Ethernet 1/0. The virtual IP address for GLBP group 1 is 10.44.1.10. Downstream IP hosts will point to this address as their default gateway.

Note that the GLBP priority for router "Lonegunman" was set to `95'. The default priority is 100. This change will cause router "Scully" to become the AVG since its priority is higher.

See the Cisco IOS Software documentation for more detailed information on the GLBP commands.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6550/products_white_paper09186a00801541c8.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

10XS FOR UR REPLY

DO I CONFIGURE TRUNK BETWEEN THE 2 DISTRIBUTION SWITCH & BETWEEN THE ACCESS SWITCH TOWARD EACH DISTRIBUTION SWITCH.WHERE CAN I CREAT THE 3 VLAN.

SIMPLE CONFIGURATION FOR THIS SCENARIO PS

10XS

ALI

Hhave a look to this scenario:

L3

SW1---------------SW2

| |

| |

| |

| |

| ACCESS(SW) |

ACCESS SWITCH CONNECTED TO EACH DISTR.I NEED TO IMPLEMENT GLBP.I NEED THE CONFIGURATION OF THIS SCENARIO.ALSO HOW CAN CONVERGE;IF A ONE LINK FAILURE FROM THE ACCESS TO THE DISTRIBUTION.HOW CAN I CONFIGURE STP FORTHIS ISSUE

10XS FRO REPLY

ALI

I have checked the release notes on 3560, there is no mention of support on GLBP. do you have the link that says it is suported on this platfrom?