cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help needed in 1721 router

abey.rajan
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a cisco 1721 series router with IOS 12.2, i am termianting a 512kbps leased circuit to this router to access internet. The problem i am facing is i am not able to attach Microsoft Word and Excel files to the webbased mails like yahoo,hotmail, rediffmail etc. Rest all format are getting attached to the mails. Even if the size of word or excel file is 1kb it will not attach and i was able to attach a 1.5mb pdf file in the same time. Where could be the problem. can anyone help me out

The line is terminated to the ISP using RAD HTU e1 Modems. I even changed the ISP side serial interface. One important thing is that when i created a vlan using the same ip at ISP side it is attaching so as when i connected back to back at isp side. Both was working. when i am connecting using my router the problem comes. I am sure that the problem is with my router, but where and how can i findout the problem. can anyone help me out in this issue.

thanks and regards

Abey

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Most likely cause is that your router is filtering TCP ports that are required to make the attachments work.

Are you filtering any ports inwards?

No i am not filtering any ports. The router works on the minimum configuration

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card