cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how much bandwidth

amenash123
Level 1
Level 1

i would like to know how much bandwidth it's take to transfer on the lan the follow subject:

snmp get

snmp set

ios version

ios upgrate

set configuration

The question is about 2811 router

thnks you.

4 Replies 4

amenash123
Level 1
Level 1

somebody know that?

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry, I don't think I understand the question.

All the activities you list are fairly light on their use of bandwidth. The one that passes the most data is the IOS upgrade, which is typically somewhere between 6 Mb and 16 Mb depending on the version you are downloading. But if you are patient, and are prepared to wait for the operation, almost any bandwidth will do.

Could you ewplain your question please?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

i mean which bandwidth i need that i will not feel a slowness on the line when i do those activities:

snmp get

snmp set

ios version

ios upgrate

set configuration

is it 512k will be enough or i need more than that.

All that for working with no influence when i am doing those activities.

thanks you.

Normally, you will not notice any of these activities when running through a 512k line, except parhaps the IOS upgrade. The IOS upgrade would take 90 seconds even if it used the full bandwidth of the line. But you are not likely to be doing that very often I suppose. If you are going to be passing large files like IOS images over the line frequently, and there is other traffic on the line, you might want to do some QoS engineering to make sure that the file transfer has lower priority than the other traffic and cannot hog all the bandwidth. Apart from that, it really depends how patient you are, and how much detail you have about your traffic.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card