cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How the ASR memory options shipped when bought as spares?

Does anyone knows how the ASR memory options shipped when bought as spares?

• Can I just upgrade the ASR 1002-X from 4GB to 6GB of memory instead of 8GB?

• Can you clarify if i will choose the following part codes, how will this be shipped?
    • M-ASR1002X-4GB=, 2 units 2GB memory or 1 unit 4GB?
    • M-ASR1002X-8GB=, 4 units 2GB memory or 2 units 4GB?
    • M-ASR1002X-16GB=, 4 units 4GB memory?

• And last, how can we insert memory on the ASR 1002-X, does it needs to have identical memory installed for the 4 slots, or we can just upgrade it like, 2 x 2GB installed on the first slot and then i'll add 1 x 4GB?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't waste your money.  The "-X" is a router capable of "pay as you grow".  This means the bandwidth capable of the appliance can go up as you unlock more license.  If you have the money, go straight up to 16 Gb memory as future proof.

Hi Leo,

However if I already have ASR 1002-X with 4GB Memory and just need to upgrade to 8GB not 16GB how will that be?

Then I will need an additional 4GB (M-ASR1002X-4GB=). But i don't how will that be shipped, 1 x 4GB or 2 x 2GB?

I want to know also if the memory on the ASR1002-X should be identical to each other.

Hello, Jessica. 

The Cisco 1000 ASR series RP memory spares are usually sold as pairs. For example, 2GB (M-ASR1K-RP1-2GB=) are sold as a pair of 1 GB modules and the 4 GB memory spare (M-ASR1K-RP1-4GB=) is sold as a pair of 2 GB modules. It would be best to verify this with your Cisco sales representative. Are you already working with any Cisco partner or rep about this one, by the way?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card