Replies

I want to make multi vla in wlc

ahmedabufayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
Now I have a project in Packet Tracer
I Want to make multi vlan on WLC
So that every vlan have a different ip range.
I have researched and used the method through the interfaces in WLC but I feel that I have some errors in setting the interface by entering the values ​​incorrectly.
I will attach the files that explain the file and I ask you for help and thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the addressing looks good actually. The problem seems to be that the link connecting the WLC to the layer 3 switch needs to be a trunk link. I changed that setting, file attached.

interface FastEthernet0/3

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi

You should create a trunk on the switch and use a native vlan, the same native vlan should be used on the WLC, i prefer do that via CLI. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I do this steps, but there ithe problem still

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file.

Hello,

the addressing looks good actually. The problem seems to be that the link connecting the WLC to the layer 3 switch needs to be a trunk link. I changed that setting, file attached.

interface FastEthernet0/3

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

Thank you much for your help

Hello, I liked this topology but I can see that the laptop2 and the laptop5 can't connect to their respective wlans (std and guest) 

I want to know if there's a missconfig or something because the APs are working fine and are registered in the WLC but the laptops couldn't connect to the APs.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card