cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound ISDN dialer selection ?

russell.hendry
Level 1
Level 1

Summary : One router is to be able to call a central router via two different dialers. Can the central router map this to two dialer as well, and if so how - so Bandwidth statement or delay can be minupulated on the EIGRP?

Background :

I have two offices with dedicated links of differing sizes back to a core site and a link between the offices with a seperate router for PRI in one of the offices. Due to capacity issues I need to invoke the ISDN if EITHER link fails, but only for that office WAN traffic failure. Also want to maintain the other permanent link in case the ISDN does not come up as expected!

I am planning on using dialer watch. Configure two dialers - one for each link each with it's own watch. EIGRP will be allowed over the ISDN with prefix lists to only allow the office paricular over the dialer interface. The dialer interfaces will be set to match or be close to appropriate WAN links, making the advertisement better than the other permanent WAN link.

Default is only thing that leaves central point - WANs and PRI. Both permanent WAN links will advertise both networks.The ISDN will only advertise the failed office network.

Problem I forsee is that the central site router will also have to map this to a dialer for incomming calls and what Bandwidth to apply here or can I get it to select a dialer based on some other parameter?

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Configuring DDR backup involves two distinct steps:

Configure the DDR with either legacy DDR or dialer profiles. Verify that your DDR connection functions correctly before implementing the backup configuration. This allows you to verify the dial method used, the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) negotiation, and authentication are successful before configuring backup.

Configure the router to initiate the backup DDR connection when the primary link fails. This configuration uses the dialer watch feature to trigger the dialout.

For more information on the steps necessary to configure backup refer to the document Configuring and Troubleshooting DDR Backup.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/bri_isdn_11048.html