Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Is slow for one user

In my infrastructure we are having 3750g catalyst switch in core level and sg300 switch in distribution level no wireless access points, only one user in the lan facing speed issue he can't able to access any web page fast but other users are getting normal bandwidth. I checked cpu utilization in that pc it is fine and i also change the lan cable...what may be the problem ...? how to rectify it.?

2 Replies 2

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Verify speed/duplex are configured the same on switchport and pc.

Auto - Auto

or

hard coded - hard coded

Preferably auto - auto

Hope this helps.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

there are few things that you can check:

- Check the arp entry for that host on the switch

- Do you get latency when you ping the DNS server from that host? You can also try to check the latency to 4.2.2.2 from that host and other working hosts and see the difference.

- You might want to perform a sniffer capture for that host on the switch and see how the packets are coming. This will help you to isolate the problem is between the host and the switch or behind the switch.

- Is the problematic host a VM or running a VM on his PC. Lot of times, there could be a lot of traffic generated by the VM that could lead to congestion on the link.

- Try moving the port connected to the host to another port on switch and see if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit