Level 1

IP_ADDRESS: 10.10.10.1

> IP_SUBNET_MASK: 255.255.255.0

> DEFAULT_GATEWAY: 10.10.10.10

> TFTP_SERVER: 10.10.10.10

> TFTP_FILE: c2600-js-mz.122-15.T16.bin

> ....

> ARP: ADDRESS RESOLUTION  for 10.10.10.10 timed out

> ARP failed with failure code 1. TFTP transfer aborted.

note: i connected cross cable between router and my pc and i put image of router in tftp_file with tftp server so when the router wants confirm y or n and i make y so my connection area connect and disconnect and never make connection with router so how can i slove it please and give me the steps in my pc and the router i used solarwinds tftp server ...

3 Replies 3

David Aicher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem is that ARP fails.  Make sure that the cable is plugged into the ethernet 0 port as the 2600 expects this to be the interface used for tftpdnld.  Also make sure that your PC is statically configured with the ip address of 10.10.10.10.   You may need to hard code speed and duplex on you PC as well to make this work.

Regards

Dave

yes sir i maked all things before but not work but when i make it in packet tracer

prog its work from first try but in real not work so do you know about any more steps for

recovery image?? or slove this problem??

Well failing arp means that either the interface did not come up or the attached device did not respond.  There is very limited

troubleshooting ability for this as the router only expects the interface to work and there is nothing we can get as an

output to verify.  You could try something like wireshark to see if the interface is receiving the arp request.

Otherwise if you don't have any image on the device the only other solution is xmodem

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a0080094a0b.shtml

Regards

Dave

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card