cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Modem on Router Serial Interface

furquan
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2621 router, and wic2t is configured on one serial interface leased line is configured, I want another serial interface to be configured as incomming isdn line so I want isdn us-robotics to configured on serial interface how would I do that.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

You should configure it as a regular serial interface. Since you don't need outbound dialing, you

don't need DDR (unless you want to specify interesting traffic for an idle timer, then you would need DDR). So configure an address, the encapsulation, and that should be sufficient.

its not working till now line protocol is down, Imean when I dial that isdn number no response form client which are dialing.

any document to use TA form serial interface.

From the cisco's perspective, this should be just another serial interface - ie, when DCD goes

high, we will declare the line and line protocol up and attempt to negotiate PPP. If the negotiation fails, the line protocol will go down. You may want to ensure that the TA raises DCD once a call is received, it may only raise DSR.

You may want to troubleshoot this with

debug serial interface

debug ppp negot

I can't find any page specific to connecting TA's to serial interfaces.

Hi,

Thanks for your support jhonson, Now the situation is that the serial interface is spoofing,

DCD=DOWN, DSR=DOWN, DTR=UP, RTS=UP, CTS=UP

and when I dial form the client no resposne from there, I mean form router's serial interface or form the ta.

if you don't mind could we discuss this matter on msn, my id furquqn@hotmail.com, if it could be possible.

Lot of Thanks.

Furquan Ahmed

If you get no response from the TA, then you should confirm it's config to see that it is configured to answer calls. With DTR up, the TA should be answering calls. The TA

needs to answer the call before the cisco can do anything.