Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing Question

dj214
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All:

Is there anyway with the CISCO IOS to load balance T1's beside multilink.

We have 2 T1's and would like to say set s threshold whereby if traffic on 1 T hit 70%, all traffic in excess will route out 2nd T1.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

omohamed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is no way to specify that if the the traffic on one T1 hits 70% all excess traffic to pass over to the second T1. If you run any kind of routing protocol or configure it statically in such a way that both the T1's are installed in the routing then you can do load-balancing based on the switching mechanism configured. Sending you link from the CCO which talks about load-balancing. Hope it helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/tk80/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094820.shtml

Thanks - what I'm seeing is a circuit that we are just bringing up with traffic on it and I'm trying to understand where it is coming from.

Servers are configured with static NAT for T1-A and nothing configured yet for T1-B yet traffic is on the line.

Route statement is

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ser0/1 (T1-A)

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ser0/2 (T1-B)

The second statement itself will route traffic out through B but without any NAT/IP's configured for this T on the inside, I cannot see how this is happening.

Thanks again for the link.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card