cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink PPP btw Cisco-2610 and Nortel-ARN

Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I'm looking for information on confguration tips for cisco and nortel routers using Multilink PPP. I'm attempting to aggregate (2) T1s between the two routers. Basic mulitlink PPP configurations on both cisco and nortel routers do not work. However basic configurations do work when connecting the same types of router (i.e. cisco-to-cisco or nortel-to-nortel).

-Rey

2 Replies 2

apriddin
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to remember someting on the nortel gear when I did a smilar thing with BRI's. Using site Manager there was a setting for standards based Multilink PPP and the Nortel version. When I changed to standards based it started working....

Hope this helps

Thanks for your response. I didn't find anything pertinent in the PPP section, however, I did look into Site Manager options for the Nortel ARN and experimented with a few parameters. Interestingly enough I ran in the the BOFL (Breath of Life) setting and ran a test with it disabled. It turns out that the symptom I initially was experiencing (flapping interfaces) was due to BOFL resetting the serial interfaces on the Nortel ARN when acknowledgements of BOFL messages were not received.

Thanks again for your response.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card