cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

natting

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

when I nat, does the outside interface have to be on the same ip range as what ive natted my internal clients too, or does it not matter ? and would I just point the from say another the natted addresses to the ip address of the nat router ?

1 Reply 1

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Carl,

AFAIK when you have to go to internet it really matters that you should nat with an ip which your ISP have alloted to you (now your isp will allot you an ip and that ip will definetely be configured on your outside interface) or else you will not be able to move into ISP network.

Now lets say you are just moving around in your private network then as per me it really does not matter which ip pool range you used to NAT with while moving the packet out of outside interface but you need to have a specific route for that packet on another router to point the traffic back to the outside interface of the natted router.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: