cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to add year to time stamp

Joel Cagle
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone, I currently have my archive set up to tftp to an off site server. As I work in a lab/dev environment I need to go back and look at configs as far back as 5 years ago, to see how things might have been set up for a test we were running back then. I just realized that the time stamp on the saved archives does not include the year. It just shows MM:DD:HH:MM:SS-TMZ Is there a way to add the year in to this format? Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you provide details of how your archive is configured? Do the log messages generated on the device include the year? (is it just the archive message that lacks year? or do all log messages lack year?)

HTH

Rick

Sure thing, Log messages do not show the year. (Mar 2 12:34:44 EST ) This is how the archive is configured.

I have added all the other relevant lines as well.

archive
path tftp://00.00.00.00/$h-$t
write-memory
time-period 43200

service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime localtime show-timezone

clock timezone EST -5

Thanks for the additional information. I have done some looking and have not found how to add the year in the log message. Do you have any service contract that allows you to open support cases? If so it would be interesting to open as case on this question.

HTH

Rick

morning69
Level 1
Level 1

Please use below command. This will solve the problem.

service timestamps log datetime year