Views
Helpful
Replies

NetBios session doesn't established

borisov_alexey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

We have moved server from one network to another, and want the client in old network can access server in new net using the ip address of the server in the old network, (like in the Using NAT During a Network Transition from

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml)

I can ping and trace the server in the new net from the old net, using the old ip address of the server.

But when I try to map network drive from the old net through

net use s: \\old ip\share,

I receive message "network path not found"

4 Replies 4

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

on the gateway router interfaces place either of the following commands:

ip helper-address xx.xx.xx.xx (IP address of the renmote server).

ip forward-protocol udp (This forwards UDP packets past your router.)

Try these out....

Thanks. I placed this commands, but this doesn't solve the problem

Do you have any access-lists between these two servers? Can you send a configuration of the router or routers in between the servers.That would be more helpful...Thanks...

cro9uk
Level 1
Level 1

I would also like to see the resolution to this one, when i tried this in a test environment all the natting command did was put an additional alias address on the router interface, the ping replies i was getting were from the router not the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco