cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-security

kidulecisco
Level 1
Level 1

i enable port-security in one port of my catalyst 2950, and add a mac addres for this port and if it wasnt the mac address the port will shutdown because the violation, but i did this in 4 ports, and only work in one because in the other ports even if the mac addres was other the port wont shutdown and the port that shutdwon it follows shutdown and i dont know how to enable the port, i enter to the configuration mode, and enter to the interface and write no shutdown but doesnt work, can anybody help me to enable the port again and tell me why the port-security only work in one port

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

If a secure port has been shut down as a result of a security violation, you can bring it out of this state by entering the errdisable recovery cause psecure-violation global configuration command, or you can manually reenable it by entering the shutdown and no shut down interface configuration commands. Hope this helps.

will2320
Level 1
Level 1

switch has 4 steps to learn mac-address. By default, automaticall learn mac-address, so At first, to enable again, interface should be shutdown.

and then disable port-security and command again.

here is a example..

router(config-if)# shutdown

router(config-if)# no shutdown

router(config-if)# switchport port-security

router(config-if)# switchport port-security maximum 4 =========== up to 1024

router(config-if)# switchport port-security violation restrict (or shutdown)

router(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address 00e0.4cc7.1111

router(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address 00e0.4cc7.2222

router(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address 00e0.4cc7.3333

router(config-if)# switchport port-security mac-address 00e0.4cc7.4444

and...refer to your question...

sometimes, i discovered this kind of symtoms. the best solution is shutting down.

hopes my helps

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card