cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI E1 backup connection for Lease line

ahmedkhaleel
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco 7204VXR with 1 PRI E1 subscription, I need to configure PRI to act as a backup interface in case of lease line fails. Can anyone tell me the details configuration.

4 Replies 4

We have 7204vxr this is core Internet rourter on this router we have 2 mbps lease line terminating and two Point to point 128 kbps links from client also terminate, We have 3 PRI active lines not used because I am not sure how to configure.

The first phase i need to configure one PRI E1 to act as backup for lease line can i do that and if I can do please let me know the detail procedure. If possible as load balance link aslo.

Thx

Khaleel

Use dialer profiles and multilink PPP to do the job. There is an example configuration (for a 36xx) on my web site -- see Listings 5-6 & 5-7 on the book pages of my web site, and read chapters 4 and 5 of my book for all the gory details :-) That example is overkill (it shows how to combine multiple PRIs for even more bandwidth), all you need is one PRI and one dialer. But it will show you the fundamentals of what needs to be configured to put dial backup over multiple ISDN calls on a single PRI.

Be aware that you have some learning to do. Make sure you understand how dial backup works before you go into production! It is very easy to create or copy a dial backup solution which does not provide backup under a wide range of failure modes...

Good luck and have fun!

Vincent C Jones

www.networkingunlimited.com

Thanks

Khaleel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card