Replies

Question about DLSW config

teru-lei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In the following scenario:

eth0--R1----------R2--eth0

R1 and R2 is dlsw peer. And suppose addresses of the interface between R1 and R2 is x and y (R1 interface is x and R2 interface is y) I use the following command to config in R1 config mode(and the same will be R2):

dlsw local peer x

dlsw remote 0 tcp y

source-bridge ring-group 100

dlsw bridge-group 1

int eth0

bridge-group 1

no shut

And I config the same in R2 except that local peer is y and remote peer is x. My question is should I also config the interfaces between R1 and R2 to bridge-group 1? Can anybody give me some idea? Thank You!

Best Regards

Teru Lei

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You dont need to include that interface into bridge group. Usually, its advisable to use loopback interface ip address, as the peer ip address, But if you use an ip add of another active interface such as serial or another ethernet interface, and you want dlsw to transport data, coming from that interface, only then you need to put them in a bridge-group. Bridge group specification on an interface, tells dlsw, which interface the data is coming from and which needs to be transported via dlsw.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You dont need to include that interface into bridge group. Usually, its advisable to use loopback interface ip address, as the peer ip address, But if you use an ip add of another active interface such as serial or another ethernet interface, and you want dlsw to transport data, coming from that interface, only then you need to put them in a bridge-group. Bridge group specification on an interface, tells dlsw, which interface the data is coming from and which needs to be transported via dlsw.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus