cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"MinFail" status on "show module" for a Cat 6509

jealvarez
Level 1
Level 1

On a Catalyst 6509 with IOS 12.1(12c)E2 the "show module" command reports "MinFail" on the status column for a slot with a WS-X6348-RJ-45 card. The ports on the card appear to be working (show interface). What does the "MinFail" imply? I tried checking test results with a "show test" from CatOS but IOS does not appear to support it.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

skarundi
Level 4
Level 4

The IOS equivalent for the "show test" command is "show diagnostic module ". Run this command and also check the logs for any error messages that relate to the minor failure on the ws-x6348-rj-45.

In some cases temperature alarms can trigger the "minfail" field so that is why I am suggesting you look at the log for error messages related to that slot.

Thanks for your response.

This switch does not appear to have a "show diagnostic module" command either.

#sho dia?

diagbus dialer

The log is cleared once a month. There are no entries for March related to that card.

is the supervisor a Sup1a or a sup2 ?

It is a Sup1A (WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE) with the PFC and MSFC cards.

Sup1a doesnt run online diagnostics with Native IOS mode, so the message cannot be produced by a diagnostic test.

Check to see if the module has reported any environmental alarms in the recent past. (sh environment alarm status module X)

As I stated earlier this could trigger the status field to show "minfail". Also just continue checking the logs every few hours for errors.

Resetting the module should clear the status field.