cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Real world "detailed" case studies

vanjaburic
Level 1
Level 1

I've been working for an ISP for 10 years already, and I am trying to gain experience in enterprise networking.

As title suggests, I am looking for some real world "detailed" case studies how network is desgined in medium-large business. I know Cisco has some in PDF format but they are very brief without much details. I'd like to see specific products used, infrastructure and how. Maybe even operational costs and some sample configs. Basically as detailed as possible. Are there such a things?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Case studies like that are, pretty much, as vague as possible.  The reason is because each network, no matter how simple they are, tend to be different.

If you want to look at design guides, only big network integrators would have access to those.

In Cisco, the most they'll say something like this:  XXXX customer wants internet so we gave them a XYZ model router and hooked up to their 12345-model LAN switch.  Since they also want wireless, the client has installed Banana wireless access point and ABCD wireless LAN controller blah, blah, blah, blah ...

Again, this is already very vague.  Doesn't tell you how it's connected, what configurations are used, best practices, etc.