cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reverse SSH not working for Cisco 3750.Plz help.

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured the reverse ssh mentioned on the cisco document:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t11/feature/guide/gt_rssh.html#wp1051457.

But now I am running into the issue that When I  issue command ssh -l alex:rotary1 192.38.6.8 from the cli of the router  I’m presented with a password prompt.

I  enter my password and get connected. However at this point when I type, for  example, the atdt command I don’t see any output  displayed.

So I  tried typing command atdt <tel no.> and at the same time ran a debug modem  on a separate session. It was from the separate session I could see the call  been made to the remote device and connected successfully. However almost  immediately the modem debug displays message 0236596: Dec  7 2010  12:18:18.236 GMT: TTY69: cleanup pending. Delaying DTR. At no point do I see  output displayed on the session where I connected to the  modem.

When using telnet to  connect, i.e using the same modem and the same remote device, we have had no  problems it is just with SSH.

Any suggestion on this will be highly appriciated.

Thanks

Alex.

4 Replies 4

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which IOS version?  How is the line configured?  Is this an external or external modem?  Sounds like a modem signaling issue.

Philip,

I first thank you for coming forward to help me on this.

I use the 30DM(Digital Modem) Card on the router. I have configured on of this modem  on the PRI card(1/18) to make outbound calls. We use this dailup to cyclades the devices located on our remote office. Hence we loose the main internet connectivity we use this option as a backup.

Show ver:Cisco IOS Software, 3700 Software (C3725-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.3(11)T5

ine con 0

transport output none

line 72 92

modem InOut

modem autoconfigure type mica

transport input all

transport output all

autoselect during-login

autoselect ppp

line 93

absolute-timeout 60

modem InOut

modem autoconfigure type mica

rotary 1

no exec

transport input ssh

transport output none

line aux 0

no exec

transport output none

line vty 0 4

logging synchronous

transport input ssh

transport output ssh

Please let me know is this a bug or anything else. AS the same setup works fine when I use TElnet rather than ssh.

Thanks in advance.

REgards

Alex.

When you say "the same setup works with telnet," what are you doing to connect by telnet?

Can you send a "debug modem" of both the telnet and ssh connections?  I can't understany why they would be different.

Your config looks fine but your software is old.  If you have the ability to install a newer version, that may be useful.  I can try to dig through the several year old bugs, but it will be easier if we start with a newer version.

Hi Philip,

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex.