cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.5 IDU 8.0 - Config Editor / Netconfig (windows)

pjay
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

This is an unusual problem and the system logging is very amibigious at best. Sometime after the update I have been trying to run a successful configuration change to my 1601's (please don't laugh). The job status says failed, but the change has been made. I check the job details and it says successful update, but the status in the queue says it failed. I have no indication of failer except in the event log under the NMSROOT\log directory. It just give a rc=2. I suppose that RC stands for return code as it does with successful updates prior to this problem. Anyone have any suggestions aside from getting rid of my 1600's?

BTW....Retrieving config archives and other functions of RME have not failed so far.

Thanks,

Pjay

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

What might be happening is that the configuration change might be happening sucessfully but something after that, such as a reload or something, is failing. Go to RME > Software Management > Job Management > Browse jobs to find out which job failed and due to what reason.

Thanks, Jslvulka,

I agree that something else must be failing, but the failing portion is not being reported.

> Software Management > Job Management > Browse jobs

is for IOS changes as far as I could tell. There is no job history.

The job browser in configuation management is where they were reporting to. Please see the output screenshot attached. The clipboard seems to be disabled in the Config Job area. There is nothing reporting what failed.

Thanks,

Pjay

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card